Paul Labile Pogba is a professional footballer. He plays for Premier League club Manchester United and the ……
Photo: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Paul_Pogba_2018.jpg / CC BY-SA 3.0 GFDL)
Born: March 15, 1993
Age: 27 years
Born Place: Lagny-sur-Marne, France
Current teams: Manchester United F.C. (#6 / Midfielder), France national football team (#6 / Midfielder)
Height: 1.91 m (6 ft 3 in)
Playing position: 1.91 m (6 ft 3 in)
Paul Labile Pogba (born 15 March 1993) is a French professional footballer who plays for Premier League club Manchester United and the France national team. He operates primarily as a central midfielder, but can also be deployed as an attacking midfielder, defensive midfielder and deep-lying playmaker.
Born in Lagny-sur-Marne, Pogba joined the youth team of Ligue 1 side Le Havre in 2007, before a protracted transfer brought him to Manchester United two years later. After beginning his senior career with Manchester United two years later, limited appearances persuaded him to depart to join Italian side Juventus on a free transfer in 2012, where he helped the club to four consecutive Serie A titles, as well as two Coppa Italia and two Supercoppa Italiana titles. During his time in Italy, Pogba further established himself as one of the most promising young players in the world and received the Golden Boy award in 2013, followed by the Bravo Award in 2014. In 2016, Pogba was named to the 2015 UEFA Team of the Year, as well as the 2015 FIFA FIFPro World XI, after helping Juventus to the 2015 UEFA Champions League Final, their first in 12 years.
Pogba’s performances at Juventus led to him returning to Manchester United in 2016 for a then-world record transfer fee of €105 million (£89.3 million). The fee paid for him remains the highest paid by an English club. In his first season back, he won the League Cup and the Europa League. In the 2018–19 season, he was named to the PFA Team of the Year.
Internationally, he captained France to victory at the 2013 FIFA U-20 World Cup and took home the award for the Best Player for his performances during the tournament. He made his debut for the senior team a year later and featured prominently at the 2014 FIFA World Cup, where he was awarded the Best Young Player Award for his performances. He later represented his nation at UEFA Euro 2016 on home soil, where he finished as a runner-up, before winning the 2018 FIFA World Cup, scoring a goal in the final.
Pogba was born in Lagny-sur-Marne, Seine-et-Marne, to Guinean parents. He is Muslim. He has two older brothers who are twins – Florentin and Mathias – born in Guinea, who are also footballers and play for the Guinean national team. Florentin currently plays for FC Sochaux-Montbéliard and Mathias who is a free agent striker. Growing up, Pogba was a fan of Arsenal.
Pogba began his football career at the age of six playing for US Roissy-en-Brie, a few miles south of his hometown. He spent seven seasons at the club before joining US Torcy, where he served as captain of the club’s under-13 team.
After one season with Torcy, Pogba joined professional club Le Havre. In his second season at the club, Pogba captained its under-16 team to the final phase of its domestic league, the Championnat National des 16 ans. Le Havre finished second to Lens in the final group phase, finishing ahead of the likes of Lyon and Nancy. Pogba also established himself as a youth international for his country.
- Serie A: 2012–13, 2013–14, 2014–15, 2015–16
- Coppa Italia: 2014–15, 2015–16
- Supercoppa Italiana: 2013, 2015
- EFL Cup: 2016–17
- UEFA Europa League: 2016–17
- FIFA U-20 World Cup: 2013
- FIFA World Cup: 2018
- UEFA European Under-17 Championship Team of the Tournament: 2010
- UEFA European Under-19 Championship Team of the Tournament: 2012
- FIFA U-20 World Cup Golden Ball: 2013
- Golden Boy: 2013
- Serie A Team of the Year: 2013–14, 2014–15, 2015–16
- FIFA World Cup Best Young Player: 2014
- Bravo Award: 2014
- UEFA Team of the Year: 2015
- FIFA Ballon d’Or/Ballon d’Or: 2015 (15th place), 2016 (14th place), 2018 (15th place)
- FIFA FIFPro World11: 2015
- FIFA FIFPro World11 2nd team: 2016, 2017, 2018
- FIFA FIFPro World11 3rd team: 2014
- FIFA FIFPro World11 nominee: 2019 (7th midfielder)
- ESM Team of the Year: 2015–16
- UEFA Europa League Squad of the Season: 2016–17
- UEFA Europa League Player of the Season: 2016–17
- UEFA Men’s Player of the Year Award: 2015 (10th place)
- PFA Team of the Year: 2018–19 Premier League
- Chevalier of the Légion d’honneur: 2018
The contents of this page are sourced from Wikipedia article on 4 July 2020. The contents are available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license.